Email: caugorestaurant@gmail.com
Phone: +84 43 926 0808
Website: www.caugorestaurant.com

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks

Widgets

Stewed pork in clay pot with eggs

 I still love and think stewed pork my mom cooked is the best
Although many people hate rain because the road becomes dirty and you need to wear a big ugly raincoat when you want to go out, I still say I LOVE RAIN. Hey, I am not a romantic person and I have other reason for such love: I love foods that my mom usually cooks in a rainy day. During my childhood, I was so happy and eager for the lunch or dinner when it rained because I knew my mom would prepare stewed pork, fish or chicken in a clay pot which are both delicious sweet, salty, spicy and soft.

Delicious sweet, salty, spicy and soft.
Until now, when I am a chef and serve these dishes for hundreds of guests per day, I still love and think stewed pork my mom cooked is the best. My children also love this dish and always ask for it in a rainy or clod day. I have learnt a lot from my mom’s special recipe and tips from many other moms in Vietnam and such experience help my stewed pork in clay pot with eggs unique.
Stewed pork, fish or chicken is the best when you use a clay pot but it is possible if you use a pan. Follow my guide and spend about one to one and a half hour for this amazing dish.

Ingredient: 

2 tablespoons of canola or coconut oil
 1/4 cup sugar
 2 -3 cloves of garlic, minced
 2 whole shallots, chopped 1 tablespoon minced ginger
chopped 1 tablespoon minced ginger
 1 -2 chili, chopped
 2 tablespoons fish sauce (or change depending on your taste)
 1.5 lbs pork tenderloin, cubed about 1 1/2 inch in size

 Pork tenderloin
 1 pinch salt, to taste
 1 pinch pepper
 4 -6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled (optional)

Hard-boiled eggs
 1/2 cup water

 Cooking method 

 Step 1: Put oil in pot or pan over medium heat, add sugar and cook, stirring frequently till it dissolves.
 Step 2: Add ginger, garlic, shallots, chili, cook for about 4-5 minutes Turn up the heat to high, add pork, stir till the meat has browned a little, then add water.
 Step 3: When it comes to a boil, lower heat to simmer.
 Step 4: Cut hard boil eggs in half and put into pot.
 Step 5: This step is optional, but the eggs will absorb all the sauce and taste heavenly!
 Step 6: Cover the pot and let it simmer.
 Step 7: Wait and wait. Remember: the longer you leave it, the better it taste. But after 30-35 minutes it's normally done.
 Enjoy stewed pork with steamed rice or sour soup and you are coming to the heart of amazing Vietnamese cuisine

 At Cau Go Vietnamese Restaurant we serve various options:


Stewed pork in clay pot
Stewed pork in clay pot with egg
Caramelized pork in clay pot
Ribs stewed in clay pot
Chicken stewed in clay pot with ginger
Chicken stewed in clay pot with lemongrass
Shrimp stewed in clay pot with coconut juice
Shrimp stewed in clay pot with pork
Shrimp stewed in clay pot with star fruit
Hú” fish stewed in clay pot
“Rô” fish stewed in clay pot
“Lóc” fish stewed in clay pot
“Bống” fish stewed in clay pot